- FAI International Parachuting Certificates of Proficiency are issued, by National Parachute Associations or Federations, on behalf of FAI.
- The Certificates and A, B, C, D stickers will be purchased from FAI by national organisations only and each national organisations may set a charge, as it sees fit, for the issue of the initial certificate, A, and further levels, B, C and D.
- The A, B, C, D stickers, indicating the certificate level of the holder, shall be retained and issued only by the national organisation. The certificate should be returned to the national organisation, with the appropriate documentation, for B, C and D stickers to be added.
- Each sticker shall be marked with the number of the Certificate of Proficiency holder, and the date of issue of the particular certificate (sticker). Spaces are provided on the stickers for these details.
- FAI International Parachuting Certificates of Proficiency may be issued only to current members of a National Association.
- National Parachute Associations or federations shall keep a full record of all International C. of P.s issued to their members. An application form will be designed by each national organisation to suit their particular needs and to integrate the recording of the issue of FAI International Parachuting Certificates of Proficiency with their own membership recording system.
- An FAI International Parachuting Certificate of Proficiency shall have a number, in two parts :
(a) The country code, followed by
(b) The number of the certificate allocated to the individual
e.g If Kevin O’Connor is the sixth applicant for a C. of P. in Ireland his number will be IRL 0006.
- The IOC three-letter identification code is that which is used by each country for the country code (a) 4, above. See the page listing FAI member countries to confirm the codes for each country.
- The holder of an FAI International Parachuting Certificate of Proficiency shall have the same country and certificate number for A, B, C and D certificates.